- Developing reliable and reproducible fabrication of individual photonic crystal devices and integration of active and passive PC devices to realize miniaturized photonic crystal integrated circuits.
- Demonstrate photonic crystal based sensitive nano-scale bio-sensors utilizing the non-linear and dispersive properties of photonic crystals
- Develop high-speed PC light sources and waveguides for high-speed communication applications.
- Nanoscale Integrated photonics for future bio-photonic sensors and high-speed communication applications.
My Research Group
- Touraj Manifar - Sep, 2005 - Oct, 2006
- Aref Bakhtazad - Dec, 2006 - present
- Hossein Hojjati - Feb, 2007 - present
M.E.Sc. Graduate Students
- Surabhi Mittal - Defended (July, 2006)
- Amith Gujjula - Defended (Dec, 2006)
- Hao Jiang - Sep, 2005 - present
- Anna Sauer (co-supervised with Prof. Savory) - May, 2006 - present
- Xuan Huo - Sept, 2006 - present
Phd Graduate Students
- Anil Mudraboyina - May 2007 - present
- Rajat Dey - May 2007 - present
- James Hodgson (co-supervised with Prof. Sidhu) - May-Aug 2005, May-Aug 2006
- Spencer Ling (NSERC USRA) - May-Aug 2005
Opportunities In My Group
Currently there are opening available in my group for motivated Ph.D, M.E.Sc. and M.Eng students. If you are interested in joining the group send me an email with your CV and grades.