Failed YearA student who is in second, third or fourth year and who for the first time obtains a weighted average at the end of the academic year in the range of 50-59% shall be considered to have failed the year. Credit shall be retained for courses in which the student obtains a mark of 60% or better in that year. This adjudication comment will apply to any courses taken during the subsequent summer term.
Withdrawal for Unsatisfactory Standing
A student shall be required to withdraw from the Faculty of Engineering and (unless admitted to another Faculty) shall be required to withdraw from the University, if that student:
- Is in the first year of the program and fails to obtain a weighted average of at least 60%, or
- Is in a year of the program subsequent to the first year and
- Fails to obtain a weighted average of at least 50% at the end of the academic year, or
- Has failed for a second time to obtain a weighted average of at least 60% at the end of the academic year, or
- Has been readmitted after withdrawal for unsatisfactory standing and obtains a weighted average of less than 60% at the end of the academic year, in any year.
Required to Withdraw
See PROGRESSION REQUIREMENTS in the STRUCTURE OF THE DEGREE/PROGRESSION section.
Please also see Dean's Waiver Form
Readmission following Withdrawal for Unsatisfactory Standing
A student who has been required to withdraw because of unsatisfactory standing may apply for readmission through the Admissions Office following a period of at least one year outside the University.
Transfer to Another Faculty
- A student who is eligible to continue in the Engineering program yet wishes to transfer to another Faculty may do so provided the approval of the Dean of the Faculty to which the transfer is desired has been obtained.
- A student who has been required to withdraw from the University by the Faculty of Engineering may apply for readmission to the University in another Faculty through the Dean's Office of the desired Faculty by June 30.