*Your “appointment time” is the start date of when you can register for your courses. You are able to register for your courses online until September 16, 2016.
*The “end date” is when the constraints are lifted, not the end of your registration period. You are able to register for your courses online until September 16, 2016.
4th Year Registration (June 21st to 24th)
3rd Year Registration (July 4th to 7th)
2nd Year Registration (July 12th to 15th)
2) The Registrar’s Office guide to course registration gives you step by step instructions as well as a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
3) NEW: The Registrar's Office has created a tool to help you draft a schedule! Click here to check it out! This can be found on your Student Center, Under Western Links: Draft My Schedule.
4) For a list of your required courses each year, please refer to the “What Do I Take Next?” pages on the Engineering website at http://www.eng.uwo.ca/undergraduate/upper_year/next.html. Please note that these sheets are being updated and will be current by the time you will be registering.
5) Special Permissions:
You will need permission to take an overload, a course without a pre-requisite, or if a course is full. You will need approval from the course instructor as well as your department. Once you have both signatures, the form must be submitted to the Undergraduate Services Office, SEB 2097. The form can be found here. Once you receive Special Permission you will need to check Student Center, “View Special Permissions”, section to see when it has been loaded. Once the permission is visible, please call the Helpline at 519-661-2100 to be added to the class.
6) Timetable Conflicts:
You will need permission from both instructors of the courses conflicting as well as your department. Once you have all signatures, the form must be submitted to the Undergraduate Services Office, SEB 2097. The form can be found here. Once you receive permission to have the conflict, you will need to check Student Center, “View Special Permissions”, section to see when it has been loaded. Once the permission is visible, please call the Helpline at 519-661-2100 to be added to the class.
7) Course is full:
If the course or section you want to add is full, keep trying to add it at different times throughout the day. If the course is mandatory for your program, contact your Academic Counsellor for your program.
8) Department Counsellor:
Your department counsellor can also assist with course information and program requirements. To find contact information for your Department Counsellor, please click here.
9) When you enroll in your courses, please be sure to add all courses to your “shopping cart” before clicking on Finish Enrolling. This will clear up enrollment issues related to co-requisites (many Engineering courses have co-requisites, and you must enroll in them at the same time or you will get an error message).
10) Important note: Business 2257 is not a replacement for Business 2299E or ES 2211F/G. If you complete the Dual Degree with Ivey, you will not need to complete Business 2299E or ES 2211F/G, but if you do not complete the Dual Degree, you will still need to take these courses.
If you have a question that is not addressed in any of the information here, please contact your Academic Counsellor.