Preparation and Training Workshops
Western undergraduate engineering students are encouraged to participate in the following workshop sessions to learn about the Internship Program and the Summer Engineering Co-op Program (SECOP).
Upcoming Workshop Session Date:
- January 24, 2017; 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.; Spencer Engineering Building, Room 2094
Register to attend on CareerCentral
At the workshop, we will review the program details, how to apply, enrollment requirements, and how to apply for positions.
If you are unable to attend one of the workshop sessions, please contact the Engineering Career Services Coordinator to arrange a meeting to review content covered.
Build A Workshop
Engineering Career Services recognizes students have busy schedules and may not be able to attend our scheduled workshops. We are now offering the opportunity for students to coordinate a workshop during a date and time that is convenient for them.
How does it work?
- Put together a group of at least five undergraduate engineering students together.
- Select a workshop topic from the options listed below.
- Decide on a date and time that works best for your group.
- Email the Engineering Career Services Coordinator with the names, workshop topic, date and time that you would like to schedule the workshop.
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Job Searching and Networking
- Interview Skills
- The Hidden Job Market
Can't find a group of four other students?
If you are having difficulty finding other people to participate in a workshop with you, email the Engineering Career Services Coordinator and ask to be put on a waiting list for the next available workshop date.